Invite UW-Madison to your next event! Rooted in the Wisconsin Idea, Badger Ambassadors provide Wisconsin communities with an opportunity to engage with the University beyond the borders of campus. Student Ambassadors, from counties throughout the state of Wisconsin and beyond, share their UW–Madison experiences, while engaging with your organization, group, school or business at tabling events, assemblies, celebrations and more. They can also provide printed information about the University and campus programs, and some fun giveaway items to share! Bucky may also attend your event! (Fees apply.)
Request a Badger Ambassador
Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance in order to ensure student availability and transportation needs. Call 608-263-0980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click here to fill out an online request form.
Examples of Badger Ambassador events
- Corporate resources and employee fairs.
- Public festivals.
- K-8 school events.
- UW Alumni events.
- Meetings with legislators and community leaders.
Goals of Badger Ambassadors
- Generate goodwill for the university by sharing the resources and discoveries at UW–Madison that impact students and society at large.
- Promote the value and impact of UW–Madison on Wisconsin communities.
- Promote the value of higher education.
- Enhance the out-of-classroom learning of students who serve as Ambassadors, enabling them to further develop their skills such as public speaking, interpersonal communication, leadership, collaboration, teamwork and advocacy.
- Encourage advocacy for personal, state, and federal investments in higher education.
Wisconsin-based groups that can request Badger Ambassadors
- Community organizations and civic groups.
- Businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Elementary and middle schools (high schools please contact the admissions office).
- UW departments, alumni and affiliates around the state.
- Wisconsin legislators.
Badger Ambassadors, including their travel expenses, are free! If additional expenses are required, the requesting organization is required to cover the cost.